Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Letter to Rachel's Challenge.

I'm eagerly awaiting a response to this.

Dear RC,

I am a teacher at MCMS in Moorehead City, North Carolina.  You fine folks came to see us a few months ago.

For the last few years I have been tossing around the idea of a "pilgrimage" to one place or another.  I never knew where I would go, I just knew that I would head West.  I always planned to take my "pilgrimage" in the fashion of a "knight errant."  Knight errants were men who would travel about seeking out challenges, adventuring, righting wrongs, and doing good deeds.  Knight errants would also typically invoke the name of a lady before they committed a deed of daring do.

Experiencing Rachel's Challenge helped solidify a few things for me.  First of which was a destination.  I would like my long walk to take me to Rachel's hometown in Colorado.  Secondly, in keeping with the style of the knight errant I would like my good deeds to be done in Rachel's name.

Basically I am asking for your permission to use Rachel's name and make her hometown my destination. I understand that the idea of a man hiking about the American countryside like a modern day Don Quixote may seem very much out of the ordinary, and that you may hesitate to acquiesce.  I look forward to hearing a response from you and perhaps discussing my long walk with you further.

Thank you for your time,

Rodney Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment