Thursday, March 3, 2011

Changing my Route.

I'm changing where I'm headed.  It's my pilgrimage, I can do that.  Instead of heading to Colorado, I'm going to walk myself to Pennsic.  For those of you who don't know (who am I kidding, no one reads this) Pennsic is the biggest event of the year for most SCAdians.  Don't know what a SCAdian is...look here: www.sca.org.

The distance is more manageable, the audience is by far closer to my demographic, and when I'm done I'll be at Pennsic baby.  Oh yeah! 

I still haven't heard anything out of Rachel's Challenge.  Of course that doesn't mean much.  They have much better things to do than worry about one crackpot wannabe hiker is doing with his Summer.  I guess I was just hoping that they would see how what I want to lined up with Rachel's vision.  I'm not sour, they are doing great things in her name without my help, I should find someone else who isn't as well known.  For those of you who don't know about Rachel's Challenge (again why do I bother, no one is reading this) check out the website here: www.rachelschallenge.org.


But anyway back to Pennsic.  I'm walking there, and along the way I am going to help as many people as possible.  Knight Errant style.  So if you are part of the SCA community, start talking me up to your friends (i.e. "Have you heard of that wack job that's walking to Pennsic, doing good deeds along the road?  How period is that?)!  Make it impossible for me to back out of this commitment. I hope to see you there at the finish line when I arrive. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading.

    Will you be posting along the way, so people can track your progress? I would endeavour to take up some small deed with you (and put you up for the night) when you are passing through the Greater D.C. area.

    ---T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on posting as much as I can and taking pictures of the people I help (if they let me.) I'm looking at Netbooks and tablets and trying to figure out which one would ride better in a backpack.

    You are more than welcome to aid me in a deed. It would be like Sancho Panza to Don Quixote...or Don Quixote to some actual way better knight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would suggest an EVO shift from Sprint. The EVO Shift has a decent keyboard and a nice camera. Of course, it is a phone as well. It is easy to carry and rugged enough for a backpacking trip. Also, it is less expensive than anything else with half its abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey... I read this blog!

    As far as errantry goes, I probably would not make it out of the skid row of my home town.....

    ReplyDelete